The height of summer heat is here, and there’s nothing better to beat the heat than some refreshing cocktails. Pick your poison, mix it up, and sip responsibly.
Fire & Ice Tea (Serves 1)
- 1 shot Fireball Whisky
- 5 oz iced tea
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- Pour Fireball, iced tea, and lemon juice over ice in a tall glass.
Pineapple Bourbon Lemonade (Serves 1)
- 4 oz pineapple juice (fresh is best)
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice (fresh, squeezed)
- pineapple and lemon (for garnish)
- Mix the pineapple juice, bourbon, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Pour the pineapple bourbon lemonade over the ice cubes.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple and lemon.
Source: Take Two Tapas
Cucumber Cooler Cocktail (Serves 2)
- 3 oz Gin
- 8-12 slices cucumber
- ½ medium lime (sliced)
- 8 oz tonic water
- 12 mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- Add mint, lime, gin, and sugar (if using) to shaker and muddle.
- Add cucumber slices to shaker and shake vigorously.
- Pour mixture over glass filled with ice and top with tonic water.
- Stir, let it set for a few minutes to enhance flavor and enjoy.
Source: Minimalist Baker
White Claw Slushie (Serves 2)
- 1 can White Claw Mango
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 cup frozen strawberries and mango
- 2 cups ice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses, and enjoy!
Source: Simple Sips at Home
White Wine Sangria (Serves 8)
- 3 oranges (cut into wedges; or 1 cup orange juice)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 bottle (750mL) white wine
- Optional: 2 ounces brandy
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale
- Squeeze the juice from the citrus wedges into the pitcher. Remove the seeds (if possible) and toss in the wedges. If you’re using orange juice, add it now.
- Pour the wine into the pitcher.
- Add the brandy (if using) and the sugar. Stir very well to ensure that all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the ginger ale or club soda just before serving so the sangria retains its sparkle.
Source: The Spruce Eats