How would you celebrate life? Día de los Muertos is a colorful, three-day celebration that does just this. It’s a time to remember those that departed before us with the things that they liked the most. Although Día de los Muertos honors the dead, it’s supposed to be a fun and lively celebration and we have the perfect cocktails to toast for the family and friends that you’re remembering during these days.
Spiced Mulled Wine
2 Bottles of Red Wine
4 oz. Brown Sugar
2-3 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Cup of Orange Juice
2 oz. Lemon Juice
10 Whole Peppercorns
1. First put the sugar in a large saucepan with the quartered orange, sugar, spices, and enough red wine to cover the sugar.
2. Let this simmer until the sugar has dissolved and then bring the mixture to the boil for around 4-5 minutes until the ingredients have formed a thick syrup. Now turn the heat down low and add the wine.
3. Gently simmer for another five minutes.
4. Take off the heat and strain through a fine sieve and serve your spicy mulled wine hot.
(Source: www.happythought.co.uk )
1 1/2 oz. Silver Tequila
2 1/2 oz. Pomegranate juice
2 Teaspoons Fine Sugar
1/2 oz. Lime Juice
1 Lime Wedge
1. Combine the tequila, pomegranate juice, fine sugar and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
2. Rim the glass with sugar.
3. Strain ingredients into a rocks glass.
4. Garnish with lime.
(Source: www.latina.com )
Sugar Skull Margarita
1 ½ oz. Silver Tequila
1 ½ oz. Frozen Limeade
3 oz. Fruit Punch Soda
Dragon Fruit Slice (optional)
1. Combine tequila, limeade, and fruit punch soda in a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake well.
3. Garnish with a dragon fruit slice (optional). Enjoy!
(Source: www.ahistoryofdrinking.com )
Sweetened Tequila Coffee
8 – 10 oz. Coffee
1½ – 2 tbs. Sweetened Condensed Milk
1½ oz. Silver Tequila
1. Pour coffee of your choice into a cup.
2. Add condensed milk and tequila.
3. Add a pinch of cinnamon. (optional)
(Source: www.wanderlustandlipstick.com )