Friendsgiving is a great excuse to get a head start on the turkey-eating with the best of friends. Your friendsgiving gathering may be virtual this year, but these drinks are great recipes that your friends can mix up and enjoy together in spirit if not in person! Let the friendsgiving celebrations begin!
Pomegranate Gin & Tonic
- 2 oz. gin
- 4 oz. tonic water
- 2 oz. pomegranate juice
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- crushed ice
- pomegranate arils
- lime wedges
- Optional garnish: rosemary sprig
- Fill a glass with a few pomegranate arils and crushed ice.
- Pour the gin over the ice, then the tonic.
- Stir in the pomegranate and lime juice and wedges a few times to combine.
- Optional: add a garnish of a rosemary sprig and pomegranate arils sprinkled on top.
Source: How Sweet Eats
Autumn Aperol Spritz
- 1 oz. Aperol
- 3 oz. Prosecco, Champagne, or any sparkling wine
- 2 oz. blood orange juice
- 2 oz. apple cider
- Optional garnish: 1 slice blood orange
- Place ice in a tall glass or wine glass.
- Pour in Aperol, blood orange juice, apple cider, and top with your sparkling wine of choice.
- Optional: garnish with blood orange slices.
Source: Delicious Table
Blackberry Bourbon Fizz
- 2 oz. bourbon
- soda water
- 1/2 orange sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- Optional garnish: mint sprig
- Place orange slices, blackberries, mint and sugar in a shaker with bourbon and muddle together.
- Strain the muddled mixture over ice and top the glass with soda water.
- Optional: garnish with mint.
Source: Betsy Life
Apple Cider Margarita
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. brandy
- 3 oz. apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1 oz. lemon juice (or lime juice)
- ½ oz. cinnamon simple syrup
- Optional garnish: Cinnamon sugar, Apple slices, Star anise, Rosemary sprigs, Cinnamon sticks
- For the cinnamon simple syrup: In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water and whisk until sugar has dissolved completely. Remove from heat and transfer syrup to a mason jar (or other glass container). Add cinnamon stick to syrup. Cover the jar and allow syrup to cool completely before using.
- Combine apple cider, tequila, brandy, lemon juice, and cinnamon simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until cold.
- Strain into prepared glasses and garnish before serving.
Source: The Speckled Palate
Sparkling Cranberry Orange Sangria
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- ½ cup orange liqueur
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon or lime, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Optional garnishes: fresh cranberries, extra cinnamon sticks, extra sliced oranges
- Stir together cranberry juice, orange liqueur, orange slices, lemon (or lime) slices and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or up to eight hours).
- When you are ready to serve the sangria, add the sparkling wine to the cranberry juice mixture and stir briefly to combine.
- Serve immediately in glasses, topped with optional garnishes if desired.