Summer is officially here and that means it’s time to fire up those grills and bust out a cold one. You have waited all year for this so let us help you celebrate it the right way! So come on, shed that winter coat and head down to your pool for a great time!
Beer – this time of year brings out some of the best seasonal beers! From summer shandys to hard iced teas! Don’t know which summer beer to try? Try our beer guide:
- Summer Shandy – the classic combination of lemonade and beer, shandy’s are a staple for every summer bbq, plus some summer shandy’s have a hint of honey, orange, and apple.
- Mexican – whether you are grilling some fajitas or not, you will always have a fiesta with a Mexican beer! All you need is some lime, and you’re set.
- Fruit Beers – these range from grapefruit to cherry to blueberry! Don’t worry about a “fruity” aftertaste, these beers still cling to their hoppy flavor…with a hint of sweetness.
Tequila – Tequila was made for summer weather! It doesn’t matter if you’re drinking margaritas or if shots are more your thing, there are great summertime tequila recipes to beat the heat.
Fun Fact – tequila can be aged! The classifications of tequila go from blanco (silver), to reposado, anejo, and extra anejo! With each age, the tequila picks up the a golden color from the barrel
Try the Lagerita here
Rum – for those of you who need something dark to sip on this summer, rum is your go to drink! Just like tequila, you can also find rum in light and dark varieties.
- Light rum – also known as silver or white rum, this has no color and a light flavor. This is most commonly used in mojitos
- Pineapple rum – if you like a bit of sweetness in your rum, this one is for you! Pineapple rum is perfect for summer and requires little to no mixer
- Black rum or dark rum – this type of rum has been aged the longest and has a deep, smoky flavor. Most commonly used in the Dark N Stormy
- Spiced rum – aged the same length as black rum but with more spices to give it a sweet, spice taste