We may have partied too hard this summer to make up for lost time with an abundance of beer and barbecues every weekend. Not saying it’s a bad thing, but you may be ready to switch back into high gear. One way is to start with what we’re drinking. Piña Coladas may be a summer favorite, but they can have over 300 calories!
Here are a few low-cal cocktails we’ve compiled to help you start your journey back to where you want to be without cutting out taste and flavor. Hey, baby steps, and whatever your choice of liquor is, we have you covered!
Americano: 74 Calories
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 4 oz soda water (mineral, sparkling, or carbonated)
- For the garnish: lemon or orange wedge
- In a highball glass, stir together the Campari and vermouth. Add ice and top with soda water.
- Stir lightly and garnish with a lemon or orange wedge.
Source: A Couple Cooks
Watermelon Champagne Cocktail: 100 Calories
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- A splash of lime
- Slice and puree watermelon in a food processor or blender. Using a fine mesh strainer push the watermelon puree through with a spoon and make sure all of the seeds are removed.
- Add 1/2 cup strained watermelon juice to a wine glass. Add a squeeze of lime. Top with champagne (something not too sweet). Let the bubbly settle and top it off again.
- Sip & enjoy this low-cal cocktail!
Source: That’s So Michelle
Blueberry Mint Fizz: 130 calories
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 2.5 oz club soda
- Agave syrup
- 5-8 mint leaves
- Place mint leaves and blueberries in a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add ice, vodka, and club soda. Shake!
- Pour over ice, garnish with mint sprigs, and enjoy.
Source: Waiting on Martha
Gin Rickey: 150 Calories
- 1.5 oz gin
- ½ a lime, juiced
- 4-6 oz club soda
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour the gin and lime juice over the ice and give it a stir.
- Top with your carbonated water of choice, stir gently, and enjoy!
- Garnish with a lime wheel and mint or other herbs that compliment your gin of choice, if desired.
Source: Moody Mixologist
Paloma: 165 Calories
- 2 oz reposado tequila
- juice of half a ruby grapefruit
- .75 oz of agave syrup
- 2.5 oz (approx) club soda
- A squirt of fresh lime juice (optional)
- Mix the grapefruit juice, tequila, and syrup until well mixed.
- Pour over a tall glass filled with ice and top up with soda water. You could add a squirt of lime juice and rim the glass with salt.
Source: Drizzle and Dip
Whether you’re already on your journey back or just starting out, you can’t go wrong with swapping some of those high-calorie concoctions for any of these low-cal cocktails! Did we skip your low-cal cocktail of choice? Head over to social media and let us know your favorite!