This New Year’s do more with your champagne! Jello Shots? Margaritas? Think outside of the box with champagne this year!
Herb Appeal (serves 1)
3 fresh basil leaves
1. Place ice and blackberries in a large wineglass.
2. Fill with champagne and garnish with basil leaves.
Champagne Jello Shots (serves 20)
1 c. champagne
1 c. ginger ale
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. unflavored gelatin
gold star sprinkles, for garnish
20 condiment cups or shot glasses
1. Add champagne, sugar, and lemon juice to a medium sized saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture and let gelatin sit and absorb mixture. DO NOT STIR.
2. Once gelatin has absorbed the mixture and grown in size, heat the mixture over medium-low heat. Whisk until the gelatin has dissolved but do not let the mixture come to a boil.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in ginger ale. Once carbonation has fizzed out evenly pour mixture into shot glasses (or condiment cups) and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set. Sprinkle stars on top before serving.
(Source: Sugar And Soul)
Southside Royale (serves 1)
2 oz gin
3/4 oz simple syrup
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add gin, lime juice and simple syrup. Shake until well chilled.
2. Strain and pour into a flute. Fill with champagne and garnish with mint sprig.
(Source: Food and Wine)
Champagne Margaritas (serves 6)
1 bottle champagne
1 c. silver tequila
1/2 c. orange liqueur
1/2 c. fresh lime juice
lime wedges, for garnish
salt, for rim
1. Add champagne, tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice to a pitcher and stir.
2. Rim flutes with lime and dip rims in salt. Add ice to glasses. Pour margarita into glasses and garnish with lime.
Christmosas (serves 8)
1 bottle champagne
1 c. sparkling grape juice
2 green apples
1 c. fresh cranberries
1 c. green grapes, halved
1 c. pomegranate seeds
1. Add all fruit to a large pitcher or punch bowl. Add sparkling grape juice and champagne.
2. Stir well and serve.