This Mother’s Day, show the mothers in your life just how much you love them! Prepare a refreshing cocktail for Mom to go with your Mother’s Day celebrations. Whether you’re celebrating at home, with a few friends or relatives, or celebrating over video chat let’s all raise a glass to our great mothers!
Blackberry Vanilla Cocktail Float (serves 4)
- 8 oz gin
- 4 c club soda
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 2 c blackberries
- vanilla ice cream
- rosemary and extra blackberries, for garnish
- Blackberry Syrup: Place berries, sugar, and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally and cook for 10-15 minutes. Strain and press through a fine mesh sieve into small bowl and allow to completely cool.
- Mix club soda with blackberry syrup. Add 1 scoop of ice cream into each glass and pour 2oz gin into each glass. Top with blackberry soda. Add extra blackberry and rosemary for garnish.
(SOURCE: Lark & Linen )
Kentucky Lemonade (serves 8)
- 2/3 c bourbon
- 6 c ginger ale
- 1.5 c lemon juice
- 3/4 c water
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c fresh mint leaves
- lime slices, for garnish
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan over MED heat and heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is clear. Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Add bourbon, lemon juice, and mint leaves to sugar water mixture and let cool. Once cool, pour through a strainer into a pitcher and add ginger ale. Stir until combined. Add ice and serve.
(SOURCE: The Chunky Chef)
Strawberry Wine Punch (serves 8)
- 1 bottle moscato
- 10 oz frozen daiquiri mix
- 1/2 liter lemon-lime soda
- fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Add wine and daiquiri mix to a pitcher. Pour and stir in soda.
- Add ice to glass before pouring and garnish with a strawberry.
(SOURCE: Miss in the Kitchen)
Coconut Mojito (serves 1)
- 2 oz coconut rum
- seltzer water
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 1.5 tsp stevia or sugar
- Add stevia (or sugar), mint leaves and juice from half of the lime to a 12oz glass. Muddle the mint.
- Add coconut rum and stir. Fill glass with ice and top with seltzer water. Garnish with lime slice.
(SOURCE: Nutmeg Nanny)
Frozen Pineapple Margarita (serves 4)
- 1/2 c silver tequila
- 1/2 c triple sec or other orange liqueur
- 2 c frozen cut pineapple
- 1 c orange juice
- juice of one lime
- sugar or salt for rim of glass
- lime and orange wedges, for garnish
- Add tequila, triple sec, frozen pineapple, orange juice and lime juice to a blender and blend until smooth. (If it looks too thick, add 1/4 c more orange juice.
- Add sugar or salt to a small dish, wet rims of glasses and dip rims into sugar or salt to cover rims. Garnish with an orange or lime wedge.
(SOURCE: The Happier Homemaker )