Whether you’re hosting your first Halloween party, or if you’re a pro, WB has you covered with the perfect hosting checklist. We’re even throwing in some food and drink recipes to help you have the best, most spook-tacular Halloween ever!
1. MAKE IT THEMED
Your guests are more likely to show up in costume if it’s themed and it will also help your guests decide what to wear. The options are endless! Go with one of the following this year:
- Roaring ‘20s
- Horror Movies
- Disney Heroes/Villains
- Harry Potter
- Wicked Witches, or all Vampires, all Pirates, all Zombies, etc.
2. CREATE A HALLOWEEN PLAYLIST
What’s a party without music? There are dozens of playlists to choose from online, but they might include songs you don’t like or don’t fit your theme. Create your own playlist and include classics, such as “Thriller,” “Monster Mash,” and “Time Warp.”
Create a second playlist full of pop hits when your guests are a few drinks in and ready to dance. You can still fit it into your Halloween theme if you include hits like “Disturbia” by Rihanna, “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder, “Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish, and “Heads Will Roll” by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
3. PROVIDE FOOD AND SNACKS
Your guests will understand if food doesn’t fit your party budget, but you’re sure to be more popular if you do include it, even if it’s just finger foods and snacks. Here’s a cheap, fast, and spooky recipe for your Halloween party!
Bloody Hot Dog Fingers
- Wieners (as many as you need)
- Hot Dog Buns
- Using a knife, cut out the shape of a “fingernail” and knuckle marks.
- Boil or microwave your wieners.
- Serve on a bun.
- Spread ketchup to look like blood!
Source: Crafty Morning
4. SERVE UP A SPECIALTY DRINK
Every themed party needs a themed alcoholic drink to go along with it! The following recipe is perfect to serve up at any Halloween party.
The Halloween Hypnotist
- 2 cups Hypnotiq
- 1 cup vodka
- Juice of one lemon
- Glow sticks (cleaned and rinsed)
- Fill a pitcher with at least one-third with ice to ensure proper dilution.
- Add 2 parts Hpnotiq and 1 part vodka. Stir well and add the juice of one lemon and stir well.
- You can make this drink ahead of time by combining the three ingredients from step 2 and storing in the refrigerator. Just make sure to then follow step one!
- When you’re ready to serve, strain the cocktail into your prepared glasses, garnish with glow sticks and enjoy!
Source: The Spruce Eats
5. PLAY MOVIES IN THE BACKGROUND
Keep your guests entertained by giving them options. Some wallflowers may want to opt out of party games and social activities. Offer up your TV and show classic horror or Halloween movies to let your guests recharge. Here are some of our favorites:
- Halloween (1978)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Hocus Pocus (1993)
- A Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- Scream (1996)
- Beetlejuice (1988)
- Casper (1995)
- The Shining (1980)
- Friday The 13th (1980)
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
Make sure to stop by WB for your Halloween drink selections and more! We hope your Halloween is full of fun, family, and friends. Leave a comment in our blog to let us know which tips you followed. Have a safe and Happy Halloween from WB Liquors and Wine!