5 Classic Cocktails With a Twist
The start of a new year is the perfect time to experiment with something new. This year, take your usual go-to drinks but add a unique spin to make it something fresh and new!
Maple Old Fashioned
- 2 oz bourbon or rye
- 3â€“4 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- orange peel
- Use a vegetable peeler or knife to carefully cut a 2-3 inch long piece of orange peel. Run the pulp-side of the peel around the rim of the cocktail glass, then set the peel aside for later.
- Add the bourbon, bitters, and maple syrup to the glass, and briefly stir to combine. Add the ice, then briefly stir the drink one more time to mix and chill.
- Give the orange peel a good twist above the glass to release its oils, then tuck it into the drink.Â Â
- Sip & enjoy!
Source: Gimme Some Oven
French Quarter Manhattan
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- 1 oz Southern Comfort
- 1.5 oz Master of Mixes Manhattan Mixer
- Optional garnish: Cherry, Orange Wedge
- Combine Master of Mixes Manhattan Mixer, bourbon, and Southern Comfort in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a glass filled with fresh ice.
- Add your garnishes and enjoy!
Source: Master of Mixes
Basil Bloody Mary
- 1-2 oz vodka
- Bloody Mary Mix
- Fresh basil
- Â½ Lemon
- Worcestershire sauce
- Optional garnish: olives, pepperjack cheese squares, basil leavesÂ
- In the bottom of your glass, tear up a few basil leaves and muddle them with the juice of half a lemon.Â
- Fill the glass halfway with Master of Mixes Bloody Mary Mix.Â
- Add 1 oz vodka for a mild cocktail or 2 oz for a more “serious” version.Â
- Add 1/2 a teaspoon tabasco and worcestershire sauce.Â
- Top the glass off with ice and add a little more bloody mary mix if needed.Â
- Garnish the drink with cubes of pepperjack cheese, fresh basil leaves and olives.Â
Source: A Beautiful Mess
- 1.5 oz white rum
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Fever-Tree club soda
- Crushed ice
- Tear the mint and add to a highball glass with the simple syrup and muddle, then add lime juice, and cranberry juice.
- Add crushed ice to the glass, and pour over the rum.
- Top with club soda, stir, and enjoy!
Source: Red Online
PiÃ±a Colada on the Rocks
- 1 oz rum
- 3 oz Zing ZangÂ® PiÃ±a Colada Mix
- Optional garnishes: pineapple slices, toasted coconut
- Generously fill a glass with ice
- Pour the PiÃ±a Colada mix and rum over the ice.Â
- Garnish with pineapple slices and toasted coconut
- Sip and enjoy!